Student application goes live in Aug. 2018
Application instructions go live in Aug. 2018
Student Application and Instructions go live in Aug. 2018.
A completed application package will include:
- Board Fellowship application
- A 1-page personal statement with your name and email at the top. The statement should address the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Board Fellowship Program?
- Is there a specific organization or type of organization that you are most drawn to? Why?
- What skills are you interested in developing through your board service?
- Current resume
- Indication of one 30 minute time slot that you are available to interview in late Sept.
Board Fellows must possess:
- A record of academic and professional excellence
- Knowledge and skills relevant to particular nonprofits and their boards
- Sensitivity to issues of community needs, financial concerns, and confidentiality
- A commitment to the nonprofit sector
Regular Board Fellowship Timeline from Application to Launch
- Mid-August: Student Board Fellowship Application (.doc) and Application Instructions (.pdf) made available
- Mid-September : Students attend one of the two mandatory Board Fellowship Info Sessions in mid-Sept. The list of nonprofits and project details will be shared with attendees.
- Mid-September: Student applications are due
- Late-September: Select candidates will participate in first-round in-person interviews. Interviews will take place on campus, by appointment only.
- Late September: Finalists will interview with nonprofit organizations
- Early-October: Selected Board Fellows are notified
- By Mid-October: Enroll in BA 601 for Fall B semester
- Mid-October: Mandatory orientation for selected Fellows and nonprofit partners
- Mid October – April: Students serve as Board Fellows, and attend various workshops and trainings throughout the year