Graduate students are invited to apply by noon on September 16, 2016.
Board Fellows must possess:
- A record of academic and professional excellence
- Knowledge and skills relevant to particular nonprofits and their boards
- Sensitivity to issues of community needs, financial concerns, and confidentiality
- A commitment to the nonprofit sector
2016-17 Board Fellowship Timeline from Application to Launch
- Aug. 15: 2016-17 Board Fellowship Application (.doc) and Application Instructions (.pdf) available
- Sep. 12 or Sep. 14: Students must attend one of the two mandatory Board Fellowship Info Sessions
- Sep. 16: Applications are due by noon via email to email@example.com
- Sep. 20-22: Select candidates will participate in first-round in-person interviews. Interviews will take place on campus, by appointment only.
- Before Sep. 30: Finalists will interview with nonprofit organizations
- Oct. 7: Selected Board Fellows are notified
- Mid-October: Enroll in BA 601 for Fall B semester 2017
- Oct. 14: Mandatory orientation and board governance training for selected Fellows and nonprofit partners
- Mid October – April: Students serve as Board Fellows, and attend various workshops and trainings throughout the year
Applications for the 2016-2017 Board Fellowship Program are due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, Fri, Sep. 16, 2016.
A completed application package should include:
- 2016-17 Board Fellowship Application (.doc)
- A 1-page personal statement with your name and email at the top.
The statement should address the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Board Fellowship Program?
- Is there a specific organization or type of organization that you are most drawn to? Why?
- What skills are you interested in developing through your board service?
- Current resume
- Indication of one 30 minute time slot that you are available to interview Sep. 20-22, in the Google Scheduler. Please select only one interview time slot.