The Center partners with more than half of the other schools and colleges at Michigan to deliver social impact. Examples of engagement include the following:
- School of Education – pilot program with Board Fellowship, education sector career planning, Social Impact Challenge organizational partnerships, and leadership development.
- School of Public Health – pilot program with Board Fellowship, innovation in public health challenges.
- School of Information – pilot program with Board Fellowship, various impact initiatives, and citizen engagement courses.
- Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning – Social Impact Challenge organizational partnerships, and urban social entrepreneurship opportunities.
- College of Engineering – social entrepreneurship initiatives.
- College of Literature, Science, and the Arts – support for undergraduate social innovation courses and student-led programming.
- School of Art & Design – social entrepreneurship and careers in nonprofit management.
- School of Music, Theatre, & Dance – social entrepreneurship and careers in nonprofit management
- University of Michigan Detroit Center – community outreach center, meeting/events facility, and academic home base for U-M in Detroit
All of our school partners above are also engaged in our Social Innovation Summit in the fall term and invited to participate in our annual Social Impact Challenge. A handful also offer dual-degrees with the Ross School. Many cross-campus faculty are affiliated with social impact work as well.
The Center is also proud to collaborate with other units on mutually beneficial activities that deliver social impact. These include the Provost Office, Office of University Development, Ginsberg Center for Community Service and Learning, and others.
At the Ross School of Business, the Center provides co-sponsored programming with the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurship, Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, Ross Leadership Initiative, and the William Davidson Institute among others under the banner of Positive Business.